Our family

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our family

Post  Peter Knight-Gregson on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:32 am

Being a Knight-Gregson makes me very proud, my father was John Edward and my grandfather William Clarence. I recently spent a week with my wife Beryl at Hagerston Castle just a mile away from Lowlyn and spent a few days with my good friend Graham Toward who lives in the lodge at Lowlyn, I know some of you have met him . Wondering round Lowlyn and its grounds evoked emotions of happiness, pride, joy and sadness. The house is totally over grown as are the gardens. There is one walled garden out of the three original that is completely empty and not over grown and you can imagine what it would have been like in the past. I did manage to recover a wall tile from the front porch which was in very good condition.
Visiting the archive office in Berwick was an experience, walking in and being met by piles upon piles of documents and being able to go through so many records relating to the family.
I am constantly searching for more information to add to my large amount of documents that were compiled by my uncle Douglas and my father.

Peter Knight-Gregson

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top